Blooket Play is an online platform that allows teachers and students to create and play trivia and review games. It is similar to other popular tools like Kahoot! and Quizizz, but it offers more variety, customization, and rewards for learners. In this article, we will explore what Blooket is, how it works, and why it is a great tool for education.
What is Blooket Play?
Blooket is a website that lets users create or find question sets on various topics and subjects. These question sets can be used to play different game modes, either in a live classroom setting or as a homework assignment. Blooket Play also features a collection of cute and colorful characters called Blooks, which players can unlock, collect, and trade.
Blooket Play was created by a high school student named Favian in 2018. He wanted to make a fun and engaging way for students to review content and learn new things. Since then, Blooket has grown into a popular platform with millions of users around the world. Blooket Play is constantly adding new features, game modes, events, and Blooks to keep the experience fresh and exciting.
This is how Blooket works
To Play Blooket, you need to create an account on the website or log in with Google or Microsoft. Once you are logged in, you can access the dashboard where you can create your own question sets, import them from other sources, or browse the discover page for existing sets made by other users. You can also manage your Blooks, view your stats, join tournaments, and access settings.
To create a question set, you need to enter a title, a description, and at least three questions with multiple choice answers. You can also add images, videos, or audio to your questions to make them more engaging. You can save your question set as public or private, depending on whether you want to share it with others or not.
To play a game with your question set, you need to choose a game mode from the list of options. There are currently 11 game modes available on Blooket Play, each with its own rules and features. Some of the game modes are:
- Classic: A simple quiz game where players answer questions as fast as they can.
- Tower of Doom: A strategy game where players build towers with their points and try to destroy their opponents’ towers.
- Factory: A simulation game where players run factories and earn money by answering questions correctly.
- Battle Royale: A survival game where players fight each other until one remains.
- Racing: A racing game where players move their cars by answering questions correctly.
- Homework: A self-paced game where players answer questions at their own time and pace.
- Cafe: A management game where players run cafes and serve customers by answering questions correctly.
- Gold Quest: An adventure game where players explore dungeons and collect gold by answering questions correctly.
Start a new game and share it with your students
To start a game, you need to click on the host button and choose whether you want to play live or assign homework. If you play live, you will get a game code that you can share with your students or friends. They can join the game by entering the code on their devices. If you assign homework, you will get a link that you can share with your students or friends. They can access the game anytime within the deadline that you set.
During the game, players will answer questions from your question set and earn points or rewards depending on the game mode. They will also see their progress and ranking on the leaderboard. After the game ends, you will get a detailed report of how each player performed, including their score, accuracy, time spent, and questions answered.
Why is Blooket Play a great tool for education?
Blooket Play is a great tool for education because it offers many benefits for both teachers and students. Some of these benefits are that it:
- Makes learning fun and engaging by using gamification elements like points, rewards, competition, and feedback.
- Motivates students to participate and review content by offering them incentives like unlocking new Blooks or earning tokens.
- Supports different learning styles and preferences by offering a variety of game modes that appeal to different learners.
- Enhances critical thinking and problem-solving skills by challenging students with different types of questions and scenarios.
- Provides instant feedback and data analysis by showing students how they performed and what they need to improve on.
- Saves time and effort by allowing teachers to easily create or import question sets from other sources or platforms.
- Fosters collaboration and communication by enabling students to play together in teams or groups.
- Promotes creativity and innovation by allowing students to design their own Blooks or game modes.
List of Active Blooket Play Codes
Here you can find a Blooket Play code that you can use to join live games. These are the active codes as of August 2023:
How to Activate Your Blooket Code
To use your Blooket code, you need to go to the website and click on the Join A Match button. Then, you need to enter one of the codes and sign in with your Google account. You can then join the game and have fun!
Guide: How to Play Blooket Step-by-Step
Here are the steps to play Blooket:
- First, you need to have a device that can access the internet, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Second, you need to go to the Blooket websitem and click on the Join A Game button. This can be found on the top left side of the screen, near the Blooket logo. A new page will open up for you.
- Third, you need to enter the code that the teacher or host gives you. The code is a six-digit number that identifies the game you want to join. You also need to enter your name or nickname that will be displayed in the game.
- Fourth, you need to choose a blook that will represent you in the game. A blook is a cute and colorful character that you can customize and collect. You can see your blooks by clicking on the Blooks button on the purple toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Fifth, you need to wait for the game to start. The teacher or host will choose a question set and a game mode for the game. There are different types of game modes, such as Gold Quest, Tower of Doom, Factory, Battle Royale, and more. Each game mode has its own rules and features that make the game more fun and challenging.
- Sixth, you need to answer the questions that appear on your device. Depending on the game mode, you may have different ways to answer, such as multiple choice, true or false, or typing. You will also see how other players are doing in the game and how much time is left.
- Seventh, you need to enjoy the game and learn something new. Blooket games are designed to help you review and reinforce what you have learned in class or at home. You can also earn tokens and rewards for playing well and use them to buy more blooks or enter events.
How to Play Blooket by Yourself Without a Host
Yes, you can play Blooket by yourself, without a host or a teacher. There are two ways to do this:
- One way is to use the Practice mode, which allows you to play any question set by yourself, without joining a live game. To use this mode, you need to go to the Blooket website and click on the Play button on the purple toolbar at the top of the screen. Then, you can choose a question set from your own collection or from the Discover page. After that, you can click on the Practice button and choose a game mode. You can then start playing and answering questions by yourself.
- Another way is to use the Solo mode, which allows you to play any live game by yourself, without waiting for other players or a host. To use this mode, you need to go to this link and enter any code that is active for a live game. You can find some codes from this video or from other sources online. After entering the code, you can sign in with your Google account and choose a blook. You can then join the game and play by yourself.