Re: Non initialized Cmd Parameter Collection via ASP vs SQL Server

Hi guys!

I have to eat all my statements including my hat.
Our customer actually figured it out this morning by changing to the sa user
instead of a limited one. Some of the procedures didn't grant execute
permission to public.
Since I do all the parameter stuff before execute, a security exception is
never thrown.
I might argue that .Refresh should've thrown an exception, but I'm just
gonna shut up and be happy it finally works. :)

As a sidenote.. .Refresh does really not seem to be necessary. I've ran the
code without it on my client computer running Vista, and as long as the
command is given type 4, an open connection (or a string, which is bad
practice :P ), and a command name, the roundtrip is made as soon as you try
to access the parameters.

--
Lars-Erik

.