Re: BatchUpdate problem with Vista SP1 and XP SP3

Damir Arh wrote:
cn.Provider = "SQLOLEDB"
cn.ConnectionString =
"Server=ServerName;Database=TestDB;Trusted_Connection=No;User
ID=user;Password=pwd"

Another response keyed on your connection string, which, while it
obviously works, is a strange mixture of ODBC and OLE DB keywords. i
would advise switching to the OLE DB keywords. Here is an example from
www.connectionstrings.com:

Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial
Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;

Note that you do not have to tell it not to use integrated (trusted)
security, which is off by default.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

  • Re: MailMerge Access query is empty
    ... If you use an ODBC connection, it won't matter which version of ... This is because the ODBC drivers haven't changed how ... OLE DB is "iffy" for both Access and Excel; ... This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: DDE-Connection
    ... And did you choose ODBC, or did you choose OLE DB? ... And I try running it on a Windows XP computer ... This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: mail merge all text in col 1
    ... > the first space of the line creating some "interesting" looking prints. ... I'm inclined to think the problem is with the printer driver. ... > datasource and word doc is DDE not OLE as the OLE version converted English ... This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: OLE Objekte exportieren
    ... Markus ... >> ich habe eine Tabelle mit einem Ole Objekt ... >dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung übernehmen.) ... >Please do not send email directly to this alias. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.access)
  • Re: Wot no umra?
    ... for keywords in usenet posts, ... but the newsgroup has to be "synchronised" for that (right-click ... on the newsgroup, choose Properties, and look in the "Synchronization" ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)