Re: BatchUpdate problem with Vista SP1 and XP SP3

No, doesn't help either.

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

How about trying with the constant value instead of the name?
Call rs.UpdateBatch(4)

Damir Arh wrote:
I tried the same sample with adAffectAll but the problem persists.

"Bob Barrows [MVP]" wrote:

Damir Arh wrote:
Since the installation of Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista and
Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, a piece of code is failing which has
always worked without problems before. We've managed to isolate the
problem and reproduce it in a small sample.

<snip of excellent repro code>

Call rs.UpdateBatch(adAffectAllChapters) ' <- fails here
Set rs.ActiveConnection = Nothing
Call cn.Close

The code fails in the marked line with the error:

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB
status value, if available. No work was done.

Unfortunately (for you) i don't have a machine with Vista on it so I
will be unable to reproduce your problem.
I'm a little puzzled by your use of adAffectAllChapters. What
happens if you use adAffectAll?
I am going to run this puzzler by my fellow MVPs to see if they have
any insight.

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET