Re: Deployment, Error Handling & Logging

Sunil.
Thank you very much for the Links Doug.

Let me make my question more clear

What I meant by Error Logging is, Suppose I have a Expression in an
Orchestration in which I have some calculation. If an exception occurs in
that Expression and I want that to be logged into a Event Log/File etc How
do
I do that.

If the exception is not handled in the orchestration, biztalk will trap it,
suspend the orchestration, and the exception information should be available
in HAT (or in the MMC console if you're using BTS2006). However, that's
likely not what you want :)

In your case, you'll probably want to wrap the shapes you want to "protect"
inside a scope and add an Exception handler to the scope. In there, you can
manipulate the exception and use your logging framework/library of choice to
register the error information. The trick here is to make sure you put the
Expression Shape into a scope (notice you don't have to make it
transactional) and that you have the Handle Exception scope catch an object
of type System.Exception (or a more specific exception type if that's what
you require).

Scott Colestock has some nice articles about logging with log4net from
biztalk (like this one
http://www.traceofthought.net/PermaLink,guid,62b858b4-d8ba-4fc4-92aa-35a4ff1ba00a.aspx)
which might be helpful.

--
Tomas Restrepo
tomasr@xxxxxxxx

  • RE: Another useful error message - not
    ... Inner exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ... I am checking a condition on promoted field in the orchestration. ... The Ack received is set to a message in an outer scope. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • RE: Another useful error message - not
    ... Inner exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ... I am checking a condition on promoted field in the orchestration. ... Here only i am getting the above error message. ... The Ack received is set to a message in an outer scope. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Oracle Adpater and orchestration
    ... You need to add a scope to your orchestration. ... After that right click the top of the scope and add an exception ... This is more likely a question about orchestration than the Oracle adapter. ... I have a decide shape to report an error if the message fields are null. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • working synchronic and Stoping the Orchesration
    ... I have an orchestration in my project that inserts rows to a SQL Server ... SQL server through SQL Adapter inside of an atomic synchronized scope (this ... In the exception I terminate ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Error at SendPort in Orchestration
    ... messages to a database to mantain the state of the orchestration, ... Uncaught exception has suspended an ... Exception type: SerializationException ... ObjectWriter objectWriter) ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)