RE: Increase web service / SOAP timeout?

Hi,

I had the same problem once. Here's how I solved it.

Just before the send shape bound to the SOAP send port I have a construct
message shape. In that one I (of course) construct the message and then I set
the HTTP.RequestTimeout context property to the timeout (in seconds) needed:

myMessage(HTTP.RequestTimeout) = (System.Int32) 180;

I hope this is what you are looking for?
--
Regards
Tom Lysholt Hansen

"Neal Walters" wrote:

> See related message subject: Guaranteed Message Delivery from Web Service?
>
> Is there a way to increase the SOAP timeout? I.e. I want to make Biztalk
> have wait longer for successfuly results from web services. I checked
> adapter properties and didn't see anything.
>
> Thanks,
> Neal Walters
> http://Biztalk-Training.com

  • Re: Web Services and COBOL (Fairly long post, but I dont have time to write a proper article on it)
    ... Web Service is a great prerequisite for automated client-side code ... generation in the mainstream Java and .NET SOAP frameworks. ... $set Repository Update ... 000464 12 objSOAPClient OBJECT REFERENCE. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • RE: Web service issue
    ... We use XML serialization (from the .net ... If you need to populate fields with a default value and you're using SOAP, ... | Thread-Topic: Web service issue ... |> I've basically got an orchestration that is exposes a port as a web ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Consuming Web Service without Web Reference
    ... Eventhough I extracted schema from WSDL iam not able to call the web service. ... calling a web service than creating an xml and pushing it to the SOAP adapter. ... still have to generate a proxy and configure it in your send port. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Consuming Web Service without Web Reference
    ... Eventhough I extracted schema from WSDL iam not able to call the web service. ... calling a web service than creating an xml and pushing it to the SOAP adapter. ... still have to generate a proxy and configure it in your send port. ... Initially I tried adding the Web reference using the WSDL file. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Writing a simple webservice
    ... Yes, SOAP is the successor to XML-RPC, and like XML-RPC it returns ... I'm saying if you want to invoke functions on a web service you ... Public Sub SaveProgrammer(programmer as Programmer) ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)