SoapException: unable to generate temporary class

From: BBuck (BBuck_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/09/05

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 14:21:04 -0800

I have a Biztalk assembly that has been working great in my dev environment.
My orchestrations have several public req/res ports that I have ran through
the Web Service Publishing Wizard with great success. To test the published
Biztalk web services, I wrote a simple .NET console app using the Web
references generated by the wizards asmx WSDL. Again, great success in my dev
environment.

I am now ready to deploy to a Windows 2003 Server . I was able to deploy the
assemlies and using the BT Deployment Wizard was able to import the Send
Ports and Receive Loceations. So far so good. Next I followed the
instructions on MS technet articles to create a .msi installer file from the
BT generated Web Services. Next, I ran the installer on the W2K3 server and
the Web Service installed just fine. I changed the app pool setting and
allowed anonymous access to the WS. Again so far so good. In a browser I can
ping the WSDL on my production W2K3 server.

Now the bad stuff, I regenerated my Web References to the WSDl on my W2K3
server fot the test console app mentioned above, rebuilt, and ran it both
from the VS.NET debugger and command line. I RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING ERROR:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException'
occurred in system.web.services.dll

Additional information: Server was unable to process request. --> Unable to
generate a temporary class (result=1).
error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\xzver9to.0.cs' could not be found
error CS2008: No inputs specified

All I could find was I needed to allow the ASP.NET acct or whatever account
I am impersonating read/write to c:\WINDOWS\TEMP. Sorry that didn't work!
another blog I found said he had to reinstall .NET framework and VS.NET to
mak it work. That seems strange since I can't get this to work on several
environment in my office. Is this a Biztalk WS Win2K3 issue, ASP.NET WS or
some security issue?

Any suggestions would sure help. I am a developer not a Windows Sys admin.
I'm new to Win 2003.

Thanks,
Brian.

I'm at a loss here

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exceptions on Biztalk 2006
    ... Which exception are you expecting? ... I have a biztalk installation on 2 environments and same installation ... When tested with a same message on each environment, ... web service just waits for a response. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.server)
  • Re: Orchestration terminated in a Receive shape
    ... in that case there's no communication between BizTalk and IIS ... then the orchestration will just terminate. ... why can I call my web service ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Orchestration terminated in a Receive shape
    ... these tool you can see exactly what is happening outside BizTalk - what is ... sent out to the web service and what is sent back to BizTalk. ... you can also check the "Tracked Exception" details in the orchestration ... then the orchestration will just terminate. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Webservices and Biztalk
    ... > the biztalk orchestrations web services. ... >> Bruno - the proxy webservice doesn't need any BizTalk code in it - and it ... >>> the Biztalk Web Service Publishing Wizard). ... >>> The Messaging Engine failed to register the adapter for "SOAP" for the ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Need help with WSE (cleaner post--no garbage text at the end)
    ... Dan - in order to get a message into BizTalk - you have to use an adapter. ... The WSE wizard generates an ashx web service that uses the WSE adapter to ... If you want to call a web service - with WSE - you can setup a Send Port ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)