RE: Orchestration Instances

From: SP (sp_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 19:01:24 -0800

Thank you Matt. May be I was not clear, but What I wanted
to know about is Orchestration instances in memory at a
time.

I am working on a simple project using a file adapter and
orchestration. I dropped 16 files and started watching
PERFMON. I see 16 documents were received by Biztalk. But
only 12 Orchestration are created. Once some of those are
done, say 5-6, then rest of the orchestrations are
created. I would like to know the reason for this behavior
and what parameters cause this. The number of
orchestrations created at a time depends on the size of
file (guess).

Thanks,
-SP

and
>performance in BizTalk

url=/library/en-us/sdk/htm/ebiz_prog_customadapt_tfdw.asp

url=/library/en-us/sdk/htm/ebiz_prog_orch_jzex.asp

>Check out this whitepaper for more tips on how to tweak
performance settings:
>http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/wsservers/bts2004/BTS2004Per
formance.zip

>"SP" wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any limit on the orchestrations instances at
any
>> point of time in memory. How is it controlled in the
>> Biztalk. If I have an orchestration expecting a file,
and
>> if I drop 1000 files, how many instances of
orchestrations
>> are created at a time? What factor does it depend on?
>>
>> When does an Orchestration instance die? How long does
it
>> take?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -SP