Re: Database Lookup Functoid Access Connection String

From: ktz4 (ktz4_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 13:12:01 -0700

Thanks! I finally got it with: Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Directory\dbname.mdb;Persist Security Info=False

"Jan Eliasen" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Well, try removing some part of the string I suggested?
>
> For instance, try removing "Persist Security Info=False" or something.
> See if that will work - perhaps one of the others.
>
> Jan Eliasen
>
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:26:01 -0700, "ktz4"
> <ktz4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >This works great with SQL, but I'm trying to connect to a Microsoft Access database. Any other ideas?
> >
> >"Jan Eliasen" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi. Try with
> >> Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
> >> Info=False;Initial Catalog=<database>;Data Source=<db-server>
> >>
> >> Replace the strings in brackets with something useful. The above
> >> connectionstring is for integrated security and not username/password.
> >>
> >> Jan Eliasen.

> >> --
> >> Jan Eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.
> >>

> --
> Jan Eliasen, representing himself and not the company he works for.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Database Lookup Functoid Access Connection String
    ... try removing some part of the string I suggested? ... try removing "Persist Security Info=False" or something. ... representing himself and not the company he works for. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Double Linked List
    ... 256 characters long identified in the input file F. Each identifier ... string is a string of characters representing the identifier itself. ... the file F which could not be classi ed in the lists NAMES, NUMBERS, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Double Linked List Help
    ... 256 characters long identified in the input file F. Each identifier ... identifier, length is an integer representing the length of the ... string is a string of characters representing the identifier itself. ...
    (comp.lang.c.moderated)
  • Re: Proposal: 6NF
    ... In the context of a dbms engine, a type would be the built in datatypes ... The "what computers are capable of representing" remark is ... as a string representation of an integer if the type would permit it. ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: The word "symbol"
    ... The signifier and the signified are separate. ... >> for this number and then a signifier for a string with the characters ... then it can be cast to a numeric type with a value of 2. ... I can put symbols representing numbers into the computer and symbols ...
    (comp.databases.theory)