RE: MSI Generation

From: Gilles [MSFT] (Gilles_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/22/04

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 02:12:30 GMT

Hello,

>I have followed the directions in the help file for the "BTS Install for
>Assembly Deployment". I was able to successfully build the solution which
>included the BTSInstaller project and my BizTalk project. However, after
>running the generated msi without error, I still don't see my orchestration
>or assembly listed in the BizTalk Server Administration.
>
>Is there another step I am missing? Has anyone else deployed a completed
>BizTalk solution to another server?

With BTSInstaller in BizTalk 2004, the generated MSI does not deploy assemblies by default.
If you just double clicked on the MSI to run it, you just installed the files without actually deploying anything.

This page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/sdk/htm/ebiz_sdk_utils_btsinstaller_knsb.asp?frame=true
indicates that you have to run msiexec /i package.msi DEPLOY=true to actually deploy.

In any case, you will have to enlist and start orchestrations yourself.

If using msiexec passing "DEPLOY=true" is a problem, you can write a batch file that does this for you
(cheapest solution) or changer the msi global variable table to always define DEPLOY to true.

Thanks.
-Gilles.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Biztalk Pipe Errors
    ... I have checked the gac and the dll is there. ... restarting the biztalk server machine. ... not using the Biztalk Deployment ... > Secondly my assemblies had not been deployed to the Biz ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Biztalk Pipe Errors
    ... not using the Biztalk Deployment ... Secondly my assemblies had not been deployed to the Biz ... restart biztalk host. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: Biztalk Pipe Errors
    ... Try using the BizTalk Server Deployment Wizard. ... >> Secondly my assemblies had not been deployed to the Biz ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: deploy biztalk project by non-technical person
    ... do the deployment), then it won't make any sense at all. ... "Saravana Kumar" wrote in message ... Open BizTalk admin console and import MSI ... After I developed a deployment scripts, I found it is still difficult for these non-technical people to deploy biztalk assemblies/artifacts. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: deploy biztalk project by non-technical person
    ... Saravana Kumar ... do the deployment), then it won't make any sense at all. ... Open BizTalk admin console and import MSI ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)