RE: BizTalk Server instances

Tech-Archive recommends: Fix windows errors by optimizing your registry

From: Michael Roze [MSFTF] (mroze_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 06/11/04

Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 21:54:41 GMT

I'm sorry I don't seem to understand the qustion.
What do you mean by "have the instances act as different BizTalk Servers"?

I will make an assumption and try to answer your question.
Yes you can add additional BizTalk Servers to the same BizTalk Group.
These servers do not have to perfrom the same role as the original BizTalk
Server.

E.g. You can create a new Host [SQLRxHost].
You can then add the new server as a Host Instance to the new Host
[SQLRxHost].
This server can then be dedicated to receiving input for the SQL adapter.
You can guaranty this by mapping the SQL Receive Handler to this newly
created Host.

The other server can continue to perfrom the roles it was initially
configured to perform.
If you do experience performance issues and wish to scale out you can
always overload the 2 servers.
By adding them to the other hosts, thereby balancng the load.

Thanks,
MRoze

EBusiness Server Team

>>Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to have the instances
>>act as different BizTalk Servers, instead of a load
>>balancing situation?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Common HTTP receive location performance
    ... If you have two biztalk servers in production, you will want the host for ... HTTP to have an instance on each server. ... load balance between those two servers. ... entire configuration (i.e. biztalk servers, sql server, etc.) If you have ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • ENTSSO Setup/Configuration
    ... I have a clustered SQL Server, and 2 BizTalk servers running BT 2004 ... windows clustering). ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: BTS2004: Stopping and Starting remote BizTalk servers via WMI
    ... The BizTalk servers are not part of a farm, which is probably why I do not ... from Visual Studio - ie You cannot enlist orchestrations on remote servers ... > return all the host instances, including host instances on remote server. ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • Re: BTS2004: Stopping and Starting remote BizTalk servers via WMI
    ... Both issues (enlisting without assemblies and administering remote boxes ... >>other BizTalk instances on other servers. ... >>There are also a number of issues with remotely managing BizTalk servers ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • There are currently no logon servers available
    ... I recently added several Windows 2003 servers to my 2000AD. ... joined the domain fine and I can add domain users to resource ACL's however ... it will not resolve however pinging by only the host portion of the name it ... The redir is bound to 1 NetBt transport. ...