Re: SBS Security Essentials/Security Overview Not Working

Yes all the rollups have been applied, I checked with someone else I know
who's running an SBS 2008 server they too are also now having this issue.
It doesn't seem to be serious, the server is still running well, the
security monitoring tools are not. I'm trying to see if I can find what
triggered this.

"Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]" wrote:

this news group is for a very old version of SBS
info for connecting to the SBS 2008 NG is found at www.sbs2008.com (not my site)
Have you applied all the update rollups to the SBS 2008 server

--
Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP]
Co-Contributor, Windows Small Business Server 2008 Unleashed

"Matthew M." <MatthewM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9D72AEC3-52A5-478C-BEDC-979B97761474@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Both our Test system, and our live servers are behaving in the same way.
Upon a system log check, I was able to find;

[9084] 090929.175535.6206: Security Plugin Infrastructure: SecurityManager :
Adding feature Server firewall from plug-in C:\Program Files\Windows Small
Business Server\Data\SHExtensions\WindowsFirewall.xml
[8700] 090929.175835.6349: Security Plugin Infrastructure: SecurityFeature :
Aborting health check as it did not complete in timely manner
[5836] 090929.175835.6359: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
: Plugin run into an error and did not handle it. if this problem repeats
remove the plug-in
[5836] 090929.175835.6369: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
: Faulty Plugin Assembly : BinaryHealthChecks.dll , Class Name :
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.SystemHealth.AVHealthCheck
[8700] 090929.175835.7449: Security Plugin Infrastructure: SecurityFeature :
Health check aborted as it failed complete in timely manner
[5836] 090929.175835.7459: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
: Faulty plugin reported problem : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException:
Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(SafeWaitHandle waitHandle,
UInt32 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int64 timeout, Boolean exitContext)
at
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.AntiVirus.Infrastructure.AntimalwareReport.WaitForAllClientQueriesComplete()
at
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.AntiVirus.Infrastructure.AntimalwareReport.GeneratePrivate()
at
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.AntiVirus.Infrastructure.AntimalwareReport.Generate()
at Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.SystemHealth.AVHealthCheck.Execute()
at
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.SystemHealth.Infrastructure.BinaryHealthCheck.Execute()
[4916] 090929.181002.6258: Antimalware Reporting: Thread ID : 37 :
AntispywareHealthCheck : Number of clients detected : 18
[9084] 090929.181805.4844: Security Plugin Infrastructure: SecurityFeature :
Aborting health check as it did not complete in timely manner
[9356] 090929.181805.4844: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
: Plugin run into an error and did not handle it. if this problem repeats
remove the plug-in
[9356] 090929.181805.4854: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
: Faulty Plugin Assembly : BinaryHealthChecks.dll , Class Name :
Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.SystemHealth.AVHealthCheck
[9356] 090929.181805.4874: Security Plugin Infrastructure: BinaryHealthCheck
[...]
[9084] 090929.181805.4944: Security Plugin Infrastructure: SecurityFeature :

"Matthew M." wrote:

> A few days ago I noticed that the Security Essentials tab of the SBS console
> was stuck on Querying... And on the overview Security and Updates were stuck
> in the same way. I've rebooted the server twice, it's changed nothing,
> Backup and Other Alerts show up instantly. I'm really not sure what's wrong
> but it will sit here all night and no errors seem to show up anywhere. Has
> anyone seen this behavior?
>
> Matt

  • RE: Cannot access companyweb
    ... to migrate from SBS 2003 to SBS2003, in this period, you can't achieve this ... 825763 How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server ... By this method, you need to manually restore Exchange data, SharePoint ... Another way is to create a local profile, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: R2 w/ISA User type account cannot use my companys internal website
    ... Alerts\Core Server Alerts ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... And our product group is still reviewing the impact of the upgrade SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Disaster Recovery
    ... Windows OS not only SBS. ... SBS 2003 server backup, the system state will be archived. ... If you restore the system state to a different hardware, ... Use Outlook to export the contents in the public folders to .pst files ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Some Questions
    ... your SBS server to the remote POP3 server. ... if it is a POP3 connector issue or a network issue. ... Logon to one of the client workstations in the SBS network. ... = e = Restart the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: upgrade windows 2000 server to sbs2k3
    ... Server (SBS) 2003-based computer in an existing domain. ... an existing SBS 2000 or SBS 2003 domain controller for migration purposes. ... To install a SBS 2003 computer in an existing Active Directory domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)