Re: ISA query with mobile device

Hi all,
think I may be in the wrong group so have reposted on 'microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs'
Cheers, david

"David" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jNSWk.32289$9I7.19390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All

Sorry to sound a bit dim as I am not that experienced on SBS.

I have SBS2003 R2 with two Nics and ISA server 2004. I have a Netgear
wireless access point on the network which works fine with wireless laptops
but only if they have the firewall client installed and the correct WEP
address.

My boss has at BT office anywhere mobile phone which uses mobile windows to
access the internet. I have set him up as a user to have mobile services and
outlook web access protocols. I have put in the correct WEP password into
his phone and it appears to connect to the network for internet access but I
just get that ISA error 403 screen when using explorer on the mobile. I
presume this is because there is no way of having ISA client on a mobile
device so how do I configure ISA to let him have internet access.

I will also need access to OWA as well for the phone but I think I can sort
that if I can just get past the ISA server issue.

All help appreciated, Cheers, David

  • Re: Mobile device and ISA server
    ... My response may be inappropriate because I have no knowledge of how cellular systems work in the UK ... My boss has at BT office anywhere mobile phone which uses mobile windows to access the internet. ... I have put in the correct WEP password into his phone and it appears to connect to the network for internet access but I just get that ISA error 403 screen when using explorer on the mobile. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • ISA query with mobile device
    ... I have SBS2003 R2 with two Nics and ISA server 2004. ... My boss has at BT office anywhere mobile phone which uses mobile windows to ... device so how do I configure ISA to let him have internet access. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Certificate Problem!
    ... That might be a better question for a ISA newsgroup unfortunately - I am not ... > Thank you to your response David, ... >> David B. Cross ... >>> What I concern is encryption algorithm. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Mobile device and ISA server
    ... wireless access point on the network which works fine with wireless laptops ... My boss has at BT office anywhere mobile phone which uses mobile windows to ... his phone and it appears to connect to the network for internet access but I ... just get that ISA error 403 screen when using explorer on the mobile. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Which is newer?
    ... David {MVP} wrote: ... > But and there is always a but, for the home user, Windows Mobile 2003 SE ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)