Re: How to remove a client computer from the list of remote web workplace on SBS 2003

Hi Jacky,

Create the following key in the registry: (String Value)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\ExcludeList

Then populate the list with computer names (separated by commas -
workstation1,workstation2,workstation3).

To configure advanced Remote Web Workplace settings

More info...

Restricting Remote Web Workplace
http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2005/05/15/47119.aspx

Inside the Remote Web Workplace - Part I
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2006/07/25/443383.aspx

Remote Web Workplace (RWW) Part II - Controlling portal access
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2006/11/03/remote-web-workplace-rww-part-ii-controlling-portal-access.aspx

--
Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]
============================

<legionofsword@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
HI Guys,

I am hosting a small business server 2003 in the office network. It
manages about 14 workstations. I setup a remote web workplace for
managers and staffs working from home via Internet. However, we do not
want all the computers are listed in the Remote Web Workplace page. We
just want some listed and others are hidden.

I think I can remove the client computer name in DNS (the sbs is also
the DC) for the sake of achieving this. But I am just wondering if
there is another better way to do this, because I am doubting that
doing that way may cause other issue in the network.

Does someone know how to remove a client computer from the list of
remote web workplace via correct way (like group policies etc)?

Please contact me on legionofsword@xxxxxxxxx if you would.

Thanks ahead.

Jacky
System Developer | Web Developer | IT Consultant
Sydney - Australia

  • Remote Web Workplace problem
    ... Remote Web Workplace has been installed and working since ... of the Remote Web Workplace security group are able to ... successfully 'logon' using the Remote Web Workplace logon ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Users logging in to RWW not working
    ... For any users you want to have permission to use Remote Web Workplace just ... RWW users group and also the Mobile Users group. ... > login to RWW successfully. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW Authentication
    ... You should run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard from the ... server to enable Remote Web Workplace, ... Have you don't this and checked off the Remote Web ... Windows Small Business Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Web Workplace
    ... I started to respond to your response, ... >and enabled the firewall and checked RWW? ... >> I have set up Remote Web Workplace and can access it ... Then I can select Remote Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RWW setup guide....
    ... router make sure you poke 443 and 4125 open. ... Ninja Feature: Remote Web Workplace in SBS2003: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)