Two ISPs

Multihoming in General Small Business Topics | | Help

bw 11/12/2021 9:52 AM PST

Question

Question

Hi

Our company has two ISPs. (ISP A - ATX T-1 512 Bandwidth) (ISP B - DSL). I
would like to set them up for load balancing and backup. Our Exchange server
and VPN is configured with ISP A. ISP A also maintains our managed firewall.
We recieve Internet access through ISP A's router. ISP B we have just
contracted. I have tried to connecting it to a linksys router RV082 but the
systems seemed to get messed up and didn't understand what gateway to use.

My question is, can I take the ISP A Internet Connection and connect it to
the
SBS second network adapter. Then take the ISP B and connected it to
the RV082 for users to connect to our clients, and peruse the Internet. If
so is there anything special I need to do. We do have static IP’s from both
ISP’s.

This is a short version of my configuration.
1. SBS2003R2
a. Two Nic’s
b. DHCP
c. DNS
d. Exchange
e. VPN
f. Web Based Application

2. Citrix server

3. Web Server

4. ISP A – ATX Partial T-1 (512 KB)
a. Isp Controlled Firewall
5. ISP B – Verizon DSL
6. RV082 Linksys Router
7. Managed switch

All help is appreciated.

Thank you,
bw

PS: This is my third try to post this question. If this is not the correct
post please let me know where I should post it.

  • Re: VPN Setup
    ... I also believe you should only have one method of VPN. ... I believe you should turn off DCHP on the Symantec Device and configure DCHP on the SBS server. ... The modem is provided by the ISP and the account is dynamic. ... Although the IP's on the server and the router do not change. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: New Exchange Server
    ... All users that will be on the exchange server to be able to "see each other" ... accounts for all others then they could retrieve mail from a hosted exchange ... Some ISP have alias accounts, and forward the mail directly to a ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: New Exchange Server
    ... All users that will be on the exchange server to be able to "see each ... accounts for all others then they could retrieve mail from a hosted ... Some ISP have alias accounts, and forward the mail directly to a ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: frequncy of email send / receive
    ... >SMTP mail goes directly to the recipient. ... > mail got from my ISP to your ISP. ... > Internet use SMTP to send messages from one server to another; ... > Exchange Server to barf out its cache of email i can do ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How do I get default service change to stay
    ... PITA - this is anti server behaviour by your ISP. ... If their ISP did not have these security> requirements, I would be using the POP connector to retrieve email and the ... > My only problem has been that if the ISP service in the Outlook profile is> not the default account, outbound Internet email is sent to the Exchange> server, not to the ISP mail server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)