Re: Can't Connect Computers

please run "IPconfig /all" without the quotes on your server and post the results here

--
Cris E. Hanna [SBS-MVP]
I can't connect any computers to the network. I have added the computer via
the server and when I open a browser on that computer and go to
http://sbs2003/connectcomputer I get an error saying "Make sure that only one
network adapter is enabled and that it is connected to the small business
server."

If I re-run setup, it tells me that "This computer has only one network
adapter."
The computer has one network card and I have an external wireless router
where the source ethernet connection is plugged into. I think that may have
something to do with it. Also, I had a problem, where after the initial
installation, I couldn't get to the external internet, only the SBS intranet,
from any computers connected to my router. I reset the router and was able
to get to the internet, so that may have something to do with it also.

Thanks in advance for any help

  • Re: Cant Connect Computers
    ... the router manaully. ... You only have a single NIC in the SBS server. ... you must rely on a firewall device to protect your network. ... When I run the internet connection wizard, it tells me that a Universal ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Cant Connect Computers
    ... the router manaully. ... You only have a single NIC in the SBS server. ... you must rely on a firewall device to protect your network. ... When I run the internet connection wizard, it tells me that a Universal ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Connection from remote computer to network SQL Server
    ... I tried making the SQL machine a "trusted" on the router. ... data source and the server you want to connect to. ... a long pause before a screen comes up telling me the connection has failed ... It's also a good idea to add Network Library=DBMSSOCN; ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
    ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Cannot Connect via remote desktop
    ... Again if I put the url vpn.xxxxx.co.uk it takes me straight to the router ... Two network adapters - UPnP router connection to broadband ... Before you run the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard, ... Click to clear the My server uses a single network connection for both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)