Re: new sbs 2003 problems

Hi Jonathon,
Bookmark this site
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/sbs/techinfo/productdoc/topic.mspx

To resolve your first issue, you need to move the default "Users Shared
Folder" to the data drive this document will show you how:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sbs/2003/maintain/movedata.mspx

To resolve your second issue.
Use the Setup Client Computers Wizard on the SBS2003 server to setup
computer names.
Use the Setup User Wizard on the SBS2003 server to setup users.
Make sure the workstations are getting their ip address from the SBS2003
server then type:
http://SBS2003Name/connectcomputer into run when you are logged on to the
computer as the local computer administrator. The connect computer wizard
will ask for your Domain credentials then allow you to pick the computer
name then map the domain user name to that of a local user.

Your third issue should be resolved if the computers are using the SBS2003
as the DHCP DNS server.

HTH
Wayne

"Jonathan Crawford" <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have just spent a day and a half with our new (first)
> SBS server, and it is now turned off and in a cupboard
> and I have just about resisted the temptation to embed an
> axe in it.
>
> the problems I can't resolve are
> a) I sent up a user and the system creates a user folder on the small c
> drive
> instead og the vast d drive, despite the fact that I have told it not to
>
> b) When I create a user I want it to absord the current user on the client
> machines,
> but it doesn't so all their settingas sre lost.
>
> c) The server connects to the internet but the clients won't.
> This the reason it is in the cupboard.
>
> I was wondering if there is a reasonably simple step by step for this
> process. I have been using the migrating from peer to peer document
> from ms but frankly it assumes you have done all the difficult bits
> before it even starts
>
> any help appreciated
>

> jonathan

  • RE: Win2K Folder Pane in Windows Explorer
    ... The machine is quite critical so I cannot restart the server, maybe you can tell me if this will do the trick. ... When trying to view the FOLDER ... > If this does not resolve this issue, enter the following two commands as ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: New Server Deployment Problems
    ... I've tested the server with dcdiag and it reports an error. ... Check the DNS server, DHCP, server name, etc ... The TEMP folder should not be redirected nor have the option to be ... Can someone advise on how to tune this better to resolve some of my ...
  • Re: Unable to access shared folders
    ... the Network Administrator. ... I can ping the server during this time. ... >> to access their shared folder. ... >> to resolve the problem. ...
  • Shared folder in workgroup need authentication from domain
    ... I have one server and a few PC in domain, then 2 PC in workgroup. ... Certain folder in workgroup PC is shared out to "Everyone". ... How could I resolve this? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Unable to Fax
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... faxing on our 2003 server has been resolved. ... please try the following steps to try to resolve ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)