Re: Undelete ?

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> Kelly wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to undelete file/folder, deleted from a mapped drive on
> > workstation pointing to a share on SBS2003
> > Thanks
>
> Assuming that the file/folder existed long enough for Volume Shadow
> Services to make a shadow copy, yes. By default, this occurs twice a day,
> at 7am and noon.
>
> You need to have installed the Shadow Copy Client (automatically deployed
> normally) on the workstation, and if that's installed, you should be able
> to open a window to the shared folder, go up one level from the deleted
> file/folder, and do a right-click Properties on the parent. There should
> be a Previous Versions tab, and on that tab, you can look at all the VSS
> copies of the folder, view the folder as it was, and retrieve a previous
> version of the lost data.
>
> If this occurred in the top level share, you need to go up to the server
> level, right-click the share and look at Previous Versions there.
>
> Be careful *not* to click Restore at the folder level - or you'll
> effectively roll the entire folder back. Make sure you "view" a Previous
> Version of the folder, then drag'n'drop the bits you want.
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Does it mean, If I delete a file at 11 am, it will be gone from after noon ?

  • Re: Undelete ?
    ... workstation pointing to a share on SBS2003 ... You need to have installed the Shadow Copy Client on the workstation, and if that's installed, you should be able to open a window to the shared folder, go up one level from the deleted file/folder, and do a right-click Properties on the parent. ... Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Cant rename a folder
    ... I'm trying to rename a folder with ... But it's throwing an error 32 (file/folder already in use). ... I suspect the error comes from a TOpenDialog. ... element inside folder selected by user. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: File Name Warning
    ... Type these commands: ... Which is wrong since there is no such file or folder on the Hard ... My anti-virus program tells me my computer is not infected, ... I am very leary to rename that file/folder as it is so ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: File::Find
    ... > change this to handle every file/folder (and get the top folder ... Okay. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Folder half there?
    ... That error message can mean that the file/folder isn't there - it's already ... Have you tried deleting the folder from a command prompt? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)