Re: One for Steve Foster

Steve, sorted it. Looks like a corrupt "test user". Used a different live
user, all worked OK. Thanks again

Gary

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Gary D wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve. You replied to my earlier post about restricting web sites
> using
>> destination sets and s/c rules in ISA.
>>
>> I had a default set of SBS2003 rules. I am able to ALLOW a user access
>> all websites except for hotmail.com (for example). BUT I am unable to
> DENY
>> the user access to all websites except for hotmail.com
>>
>> When the 2nd scenario is in place all websites seemed to be barred, as
>> though the specific allow (for hotmail.com) is being ignored.
>
> As I undoubtedly explained, Deny always beats Allow.
>
> So, any Rule that Denies All effectively kills all access (this is handy
> to know if you've got a trojan/spyware/whatever spewing crud to the net).
>
> You need two Rules:
>
> * one to Allow access to specific sites (or a blanket Allow All)
> * one to Deny access to "All except Selected Destinations" using the
> allowed sites set
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

  • Re: One for Steve Foster
    ... Thanks for the reply again steve. ... I also have a rule which Denies ... >> all websites except for hotmail.com. ... >> the user access to all websites except for hotmail.com ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Backup questions-Outlook Express 6.0
    ... Tom has created a site that surpasses anything Microsoft could have achieved and Steve has actually mastered the inner workings of the beast. ... Please do note that these websites are based on experience and so the advice given is tried and tested and you must use caution. ... "Lewis the Underground Miner" wrote in message ...
  • FTP user access HELP
    ... I am trying to set user access on our server and know ... I want to give access to one of the websites to a client. ... it asks for a login. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • FTP Access Permission Help
    ... I am trying to set user access on our server and know ... I want to give access to one of the websites to a client. ... it asks for a login. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: Internet Explorer
    ... But see another thing is I wil have to know what websites you ... By the way Firefox has spyware protection,popup ... >> can anyone suggest how I fix it. ... >> Thanx in advance, Steve ...