Re: One for Steve Foster

Thanks for the reply again steve.
I have the ALLOW ALL rule as you explained. I also have a rule which Denies
access to "All except Selected Destinations" for the user in question. When
trying to access ANY destination from the users client PC I am prompted for
username and password to connect to ISA. I have installed ISA SP2 if that
has any bearing.

Confused !
and thanks again,
Gary

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Gary D wrote:
>
>> Hi Steve. You replied to my earlier post about restricting web sites
> using
>> destination sets and s/c rules in ISA.
>>
>> I had a default set of SBS2003 rules. I am able to ALLOW a user access
>> all websites except for hotmail.com (for example). BUT I am unable to
> DENY
>> the user access to all websites except for hotmail.com
>>
>> When the 2nd scenario is in place all websites seemed to be barred, as
>> though the specific allow (for hotmail.com) is being ignored.
>
> As I undoubtedly explained, Deny always beats Allow.
>
> So, any Rule that Denies All effectively kills all access (this is handy
> to know if you've got a trojan/spyware/whatever spewing crud to the net).
>
> You need two Rules:
>
> * one to Allow access to specific sites (or a blanket Allow All)
> * one to Deny access to "All except Selected Destinations" using the
> allowed sites set
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

  • Re: One for Steve Foster
    ... Steve, sorted it. ... >> all websites except for hotmail.com. ... >> the user access to all websites except for hotmail.com ... > Steve Foster [SBS MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Corvette like a PC. Im dissapointed
    ... The sad thing is Steve knows my websites well - even though he denies going ... I have logs showing him spending hours digging through them. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Six minutes
    ... Interesting that the first link no longer shows the address of the ... the person Carroll denies is his ex. ... Is Steve trying to rub his relationship with this woman into your face? ... claim I am talking about his personal life. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: phoenix instant boot bios
    ... Steve went over the deep end. ... There is no other reason he would threaten to write out 1000 reasons ... He denies having an ex. ... The attention he gives me is not even read by me. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OT: Snits annoying posts within 24 hours after Bush signed the law against annoying internet mes
    ... > Hey, have you posted about *anything* other than me recently? ... Remember, Steve, it is you who denies that very clear reality. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)