Re: Windows 2000 Domain

Please not the appropriate SBS Newsgroups below:

SBS 2003 can only join an existing domain for a period of 14 Days in
order to transfer Rolls and Data.

SBS -Must Be- the Root of Forest, hold all the FSMO Rolls and be a
Global Catalogue in -its own- Single domain with no trusts or
sub-domains.

Them's the base rules of the product relating to Domains. ( there are
others ...see the sbs Website for product details )

Your choice is to Migrate your existing Windows domain to SBS.
See:
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx
http://www.sbsmigration.com/

--
Henry Craven. {SBS-MVP}
=====================================

News Server : news.microsoft.com

SBS 4/4.5 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
NOTE: Support for NT4 SBS4/4.5 Ceased Dec 31 2004

SBS 2000 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
SBS 2003 : microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
=====================================
"Tarmoose" <Tarmoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have a Windows 2000 Server as a Domain Controller. Can I add a
>Windows
> 2003 Small Business to this Domain. If so what is the procedure to do
> this?
>
> I have tried to add it to the domain but have serveral problems. Any
> help
> would be appreciated.
> --
> Thanks

  • RE: Service Pack 1 on SBS 2003 Premium
    ... reinstalled the SP1 from CD again, ... Restart Windows Management Instrumentation service. ... Close the registry editor and restart the server at a non-business time ... Have you applied the whole SBS SP1 successfully? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Service Pack 1 on SBS 2003 Premium
    ... reinstalled the SP1 from CD again, ... Restart Windows Management Instrumentation service. ... Close the registry editor and restart the server at a non-business time ... Have you applied the whole SBS SP1 successfully? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently availi
    ... Select Windows Small Business Server 2003 and then click Change/Remove. ... You may prompt to inset SBS installation CD. ... Our only problem w/ connecting to the branch office is mapping ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS 2003 Standard - Update to SP 1 fails
    ... order to prepare SBS server to deploy Windows XP SP2 to client computers ... that are running Windows XP Professional. ... The SBS SP1 launcher need copy ... please install it and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Service Pack 1 on SBS 2003 Premium
    ... You can monitor your server for some time to the Companyweb ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... >reinstalled the SP1 from CD again, ... Stop Windows Management ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)