Re: "The network address is invalid" error on 2003 server connected via VPN to SBS2003 server

What are your IP Addresses and subnets for the Networks ?

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
CI Information Technology

"privatenews.Microsoft.Com" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Scenario:
> SBS2003 server running successfully at head office.
> Router-to-router VPN configured using 2 Cisco routers, also working
> well. Have connected and used remote workstations via the SBS
> connectcomputer wizard - no problem.
> Currently attempting to add a 2003 server to the remote site for
> file/print/email.
>
> Have joined the new server to the domain manually (could not do it
> through the ConnectComputer wizard - this gave the above error at the
> point where it changes the computer name).
> I can access the SBS server from the new 2003 server and view files
> etc, and can connect via terminal services etc.
> However, I cannot perform certain functions remotely, such as:
> After installing the 2003server admin tools on the 2003 server, I
> can't access parts of the AD users profiles such as Dial-in, Terminal
> Services Profile, Remote Control. This gives the error: "Could not
> load the dial-in profile for this user because: The network address is
> invalid"
>
> The event log shows a corresponding error:
> Event ID 1219 - Winlogon
> logon rejected for (domain/user). Unable to obtain Terminal Server
> User Configuration. Error: The network address is invalid
>
> Any suggestions greatfully received!!

  • Re: Site-to-Site with ISA 2004
    ... When you try connecting to the remote office on ... SBS server, the VPN doesn't work. ... <machines on the network I am able to connect to the client's office. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Site to Site works one way!
    ... the SBS WAN network as a Destination Set in the VPN configuration.....for ... i added two firewall polices to each ISA box: From remote ... Each has the external IP address of the other server specified. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.vpn)
  • Re: Server/Network setup question
    ... Let's keep the P2P network and the ... SBS server's internal NIC to the switch. ... The internal NIC of the SBS server will default to 192.168.16.2 during the ... you change the IP of the rented printer to 192.168.16.8 (or some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote Office Configuration Suggestions?
    ... The additional DC at the remote site, could not be the SBS server, as you ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP Fails on Authorized Server
    ... The DHCP shutdowns may because the SBS detects another DHCP in network. ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)