Re: Question regarding licensing

Is it possible and leagl for a licensed user to log in remotely from a remote
desktop or laptop? In this instance the remote machine is not part of the
local server domain, but could be a personal machine at home. Thank you in
advance.

DM Nelson

"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

> What version of SBS are you using ?
>
> You can use the Logoff.scr Screensaver to do this ( Search the Google
> archive for details and risks in doing this )
>
> More to the point, SBS Does NOT use concurrent licensing, and you are
> breaking the EULA in switching licenses between users/workstations in
> this manner.
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>

> "CTGS" <ctgs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to set server to automatically disconnect users who
> > have not logged off after a given amount of time inactive? We bought
> > the 5 workstation licenses, and have a total of 7 machines. There
> > are rarely times when 5 are connected, but if someone is gone and did
> > not log off, it ties up a license that could be used by another
> > machine.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

  • RE: Adding a Remote Office Domain Controller
    ... For licensing question, the SBS 2003 supports the branch office scenario. ... We need configure licensing on the Windows DC server in the remote site. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: WinXP clients can not connect to W2K TS Server
    ... the message reported by remote desktop connection can be caused ... Which mode does the problematic terminal server run in, ... Which computer does the terminal services licensing server (the server ...
  • Re: Terminal Services or Remote Desktop?
    ... First of all the two modes (Remote Administration and Terminal Services) are ... This will require a licensing server where TS CALs must be available. ...
  • Remote Desktop for Administration v.s. Terminal Services
    ... 2003 isn't how you do remote administration (licensing grace period ... "no licensing servers" errors when trying to connect. ... the server with Remote Desktop for Administration enabled. ...
  • Re: RWW Problem
    ... > I have a sudden issue with remote connections. ... I have had no logon issues reagrding licensing though. ... Microsoft's Windows Server Systems - ... MVP's do not work for Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)