Re: Can SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 Exist on Same Network

No, you're right SG it's 14 Days.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
CI Information Technology

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" <not@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> yes, it actually has to do with the base limitations of SBS.
>
> Two SBS's cannot exist in the same domain. MS showed some foresight in
> implementing SBS2003 and allow an SBS 2003 server to exist for a
> period of time (I thought it was 14 days, but other indications are 7)
> with another SBS in the same domain.
>
> There are circumstances where Joel's implementation of two SBS servers
> on the same ethernet segment do not invalidate his license. I hope he
> is aware of this and is within licensing bounds. Unfortunately, his
> comment that data is easily accessible between the domains suggests
> this is not the case.

  • Re: Publish Second Web Site on SBS through port 80?
    ... So you have two SBS servers on the same internal network sharing a single public IP? ... I'm trying to publish a web site which can be viewed on the internet using ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: STS_Config Database Error 1000
    ... have you applied the post SP2 patches recommended for SBS Servers? ... Cris Hanna [SBS - MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Rename or install multiple SBS connection managers?
    ... administration of the SBS servers I support. ... I'm setting up another server for one of my SBS domains in a remote ... So...is there a way to install multiple instances of connection manager on a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 Detects Multiple DCs (that dont exist)
    ... I have not tried BPA - it didn't occur to me that would be something to try! ... FYI - It is worth noting SP2 does not install because it appears to have ... It only cares about other SBS servers, and that it holds the 5 FSMO roles. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Clients disconnected from mapped drives
    ... oh wait...two things I do on my SBS servers?: ... > mapped to the SBS. ... > I don't know if it's related but periodically the event viewer on the SBS ... > records associated with the DNS domain 'xxx' failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)