Re: Can SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 Exist on Same Network

They would need to see each other.

--

Regards,

Allan C
"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Depends upon what you mean by "the same network".
>
> 2 SBServers can co-exist on the same wire as long as they are on
> different Subnets and don't see each other.
> SBS2003 can co-exist with another SBServer for 7 days as a means to
> Migration and Data Transfer.
>
> Depending on the size of the SBS4.5 domain you may want to look at a
> Swing Migration www.sbsmigration.com/
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>
> "Allan C" <proven_solutions@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > We are planning to migrate a customer who is currently running SBS
> > 4.5a to
> > SBS 2003.
> > I seem to remember reading something years ago that you could not have
> > more
> > than one SBS 4.5a server on the same network.
> > My question is can we have a SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 server on the
> > same
> > network?
> >
> > Are there any tips or traps to watch out for?
> >
> > TIA.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Allan C

  • Re: Can SBS 4.5a and SBS 2003 Exist on Same Network
    ... Depends upon what you mean by "the same network". ... SBServers can co-exist on the same wire as long as they are on ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... > than one SBS 4.5a server on the same network. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Install 3 times (triple crown)
    ... Build the customer SBS box enabling both nics ... network, as are the wan nics of the SBS boxes. ... how far can you go with the installation? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: May need to move from SBS because of connection issues
    ... Can you connect from your own SBS server itself to a remote SBS network via ... broadband wireless connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: DHCP Fails on Authorized Server
    ... The DHCP shutdowns may because the SBS detects another DHCP in network. ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ... On the Connection Type page, click Broadband, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Server/Network setup question
    ... Let's keep the P2P network and the ... SBS server's internal NIC to the switch. ... The internal NIC of the SBS server will default to 192.168.16.2 during the ... you change the IP of the rented printer to 192.168.16.8 (or some ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)