Stop error 0xD1 -- tape and SCSI

We want to use ntbackup and a SCSI connected tape drive, but keep
getting stop errors.

SBS2003 and an Exabyte VXA-2 packet tape drive. The tape drive worked
fine with ntbackup on our previous server, SBS2000.

The stop errors do mention storport.sys, so that seems the likely
culprit.

However, I found no less than three different hotfixes that may apply to
the situation. How do I chose between them?

KB837413
An updated Storport storage driver (version 5.2.3790.139) is available
for Windows Server 2003

KB821138
Computer Stops Responding with "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Stop
Error If CD-ROM Drive or Tape Device Is Connected to SCSI Controller

KB817789
Computer stops responding with "Stop 0x000000D1
Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal" error message

Any ideas?

Thank you for any hints or pointers,

David Knudsen
Technomedics Norge AS

  • Re: How to install ntbackup.msi on windows server 2008
    ... There is only the ntbackup restore option possible with: ... Any other change may work, but i think then you will also stay unsupported form MS, when you get trouble with the normal windows 2008 installation. ... server 2008 but i want to get NTBACKUP on windows server 2008.How can ...
  • Re: Service Pack
    ... The subject line is "Windows Ntbackup". ... Windows server versions. ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... Microsoft Certified Professional ...
  • Re: Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise SP1 backups with Ntbackup
    ... wrote:>Backing up first storage group to a file with Windows Server 2003 SP1>Ntbackup. ... Viewing the backup log indicates that backup of \microsoft information store\first storage group successfully backed up>over 3Gb. ... The Information Store structure is there but no>data that can be seen by Ntbackup. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Ntbackup windows 2003 empty log problem.
    ... I have this annoying problem with ntbackup for Windows server 2003. ... It lies in the fact that ntbackup seems to write to the report file only at ...