Re: SBS 2003 store.exe eating memory

On a server with more than 200Mb or so of RAM unused by other processes
STORE.EXE will use memory until:

1. The entire email database is in RAM.
2. 98% or so of physical RAM is in use.

It will then release RAM as other applications need it. Any email accessed
once will stay in memory if at all possible. Better for performance. 1Gb or
more RAM used by the STORE process in common.

Mal Osborne
MCSE MVP Mensa

"Simon" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> HI
>
> I am a novice at this game; I am running SBS 2003 with
> five users accessing the server via VPN connections to
> pickup exhange mail and internal files - all works fine.
> But the application store.exe seems to eat more and more
> processing power grinding the server to a standstill
> resulting in me either rebooting the server or stopping
> and restarting the store.exe application - probably about
> once a week.
>
> Any ideas? Answers preferably in English and pitched so
> that a 3 year old can understand it ...
>
> Cheers

  • Re: SBS 2003 - IIS Websites quit working
    ... thumb, not a law, and b) impossible if you have>GB RAM unless the ... NOT SBS). ... There's an algorithm in memory management that opportunistically uses ... Generally the server will go 3-5 days before the websites stop ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Alocated Memory Error (SQLSERVR)
    ... what you should throttle the RAM to. ... Server 2000 SP4, ... The memory problem on my ... shared exchange server address book or anything exchange related). ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Alocated Memory Error (SQLSERVR)
    ... but my understanding is that the MSDE instances are designed to ... and you don't want it grabbing all that RAM. ... running but non ever going about 200mb of memory usage. ... Server 2000 SP4, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: High memory usage (*HELP*)
    ... you can use Computer Management MMC to view the server logs. ... a server with 4 GB RAM, I doubt you need the second page file on D. So ... The virtual memory on D: drive is set to: 1550/3075 ... throttled ISA and Monitoring. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: High memory usage (*HELP*)
    ... report that resides on that server I will get error pertaining to low vm. ... the RAM question because I suspect the SBS is taking care of that as it ... The virtual memory on D: drive is set to: 1550/3075 ... represent, so you can tell if it's ISA, Monitoring, or SharePoint. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)