Re: Telnet Port 25

Can you connect to 127.0.0.1:25?

Mal Osborne
MCSE MVP Mensa

"keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:3F5BB0FD-6D7B-42FB-A426-29CA2BAA9D7A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> HI
> we have several SBS 2003 servers and in all instance's we can telnet to
> port
> 25 from any Lan workstation but on none of the servers will it telnet to
> their own port 25 it is as if the port was none responceive.
> Can anyone suggest where to look to rectify this.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Keith

  • Re: Outbound SMTP Email Issues
    ... Comcats as primary WAN and Verizon with static IP ... not even the Telnet connection to port 25 would be ... You should test sending a full message through telnet first. ... suggest a non standard SBS configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outbound SMTP Email Issues
    ... Comcats as primary WAN and Verizon with static IP ... not even the Telnet connection to port 25 would be ... You should test sending a full message through telnet first. ... suggest a non standard SBS configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outbound SMTP Email Issues
    ... Comcats as primary WAN and Verizon with static IP as secondary WAN for VPN, FQDN stuff, etc. So the server was trying to use the comcast connection as the primary WAN interface to deliver the outbound SMTP traffic to verizon SMTP servers. ... And since comcast blocks port 25 that will not happen neither will Verizon keep allowing a Comcast connection use their server as a relay, not even the Telnet connection to port 25 would be sucessful. ... The fact that you mention a Verizon connector and DNS being simultaneously available suggest a non standard SBS configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outbound SMTP Email Issues
    ... traffic to verizon SMTP servers. ... And since comcast blocks port 25 that will ... You should test sending a full message through telnet first. ... suggest a non standard SBS configuration. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: SBS2003 - Unable to connect SMTP from external
    ... Thank you for posting in SBS newsgroup. ... ISP does not block SMTP port 25. ... run "telnet <Your public domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)