Re: Setting up an Intranet Site

Sorry Al, Not getting much time to revisit the Ng at the moment.

Ok ! Dual P3s are a little old for SBS2K3 IMHO, but it's possible.
Assuming this id SBS 2K and not 4.5 my plan would be to put in an IDE
Drive, Ghost to that, ( then replace the drives and Ghost back if you
like ), and just do an in-place upgrade per the Docs on the SBS Website.

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsServer2003/sbs/upgrade/default.mspx#EBAA

Make sure you have all the drivers you may need.
Worst case you can blow it away and Ghost back to the old SBS 2K setup.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
CI Information Technology

"Al" <aadfvadvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Sorry - typo on size of drive - should read 36gb (it is 3 x 18gb on a
> Raid 5 format)
>
> "Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> With a P3, 6Gb HDD I'd forget about upgrading on the same hardware.
>>
>> --
>> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
>> CI Information Technology
>>
>> "Al" <sadfgk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Henry thanks - my worry is how difficult the upgrade is (have to do
>>> it ourselves & can't afford any downtime risk!) - existing hardware
>>> is twin P3 1gb ram, adaptec RAID with 6gb but only 1/2 used. Would
>>> rather not buy another server - what are the pros & cons of upgrade
>>> "as is" or fresh instal on new HD's (so could revert to the old
>>> drives if new instal is tricky!) but how difficult is it them to
>>> move existing setings/data.
>>> Thanks

  • Re: Unable to map shared folders as network drives on SBS2000
    ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... I can map shared folders on the TS ... > as network drives, I can ping using either IP or names and no ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Mapping Drives Alias
    ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... "List Subscriber" wrote in message ... >I have drives which are mapped when the users log in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Recommendations on a GOOD backup package ??
    ... - I was dumb enough not to do disk backups on my home PC before the last PC ... PC's currently have Norton Ghost running and each has its own USB backup ... Although you didn't say, I'm assuming that you're cloning, or planning to ... Disconnect any flash drives, ZIP drives, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Recommendations on a GOOD backup package ??
    ... or any combination of them up to and including cloning an entire ... Why not consider the Ghost 2003 program that was packaged with your ... a disk imaging program such as the Norton Ghost program... ... Disconnect any flash drives, ZIP drives, etc. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: help on cloning Hard drive to upgrade drive size
    ... 3 times with ghost 2003. ... disk drive, all files are bing copied from what i can tell. ... It goes without saying, that in order for the cloning ... both drives connected. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)