Folder syncronisation ...

Hello,

We've just inherited a site and all the workstations syncronise when
they log off. I've only seen this before with people using laptops and
I cant imagine its thats useful to have it enabled on a workstation.
Also when a user works at another station, it then copies the docs
down to that workstation which isnt ideal from a security standpoint.

My Documents redirection is enabled.

Am I safe to disable syncronisation or am I missing something?

Rgrds,
Jon

  • Folder syncronisation ...
    ... We've just inherited a site and all the workstations syncronise when ... I've only seen this before with people using laptops and ... I cant imagine its thats useful to have it enabled on a workstation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Folder syncronisation ...
    ... We've just inherited a site and all the workstations syncronise when ... I've only seen this before with people using laptops and ... I cant imagine its thats useful to have it enabled on a workstation. ... being that if the server goes down, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Folder syncronisation ...
    ... > I cant imagine its thats useful to have it enabled on a workstation. ... > down to that workstation which isnt ideal from a security standpoint. ... > Am I safe to disable syncronisation or am I missing something? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: collapsing three partially redundant file systems into one
    ... > I have my main workstation and two laptops. ... > the filename, without reference to the directory in which it resides, is ... > have the networking limit on the thinkpad (basically, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • collapsing three partially redundant file systems into one
    ... I have my main workstation and two laptops. ... physical connection any more. ... Large portions of the laptops file systems are mirrors or partial ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)