Re: Setting up an Intranet Site

With a P3, 6Gb HDD I'd forget about upgrading on the same hardware.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
CI Information Technology

"Al" <sadfgk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Henry thanks - my worry is how difficult the upgrade is (have to do it
> ourselves & can't afford any downtime risk!) - existing hardware is
> twin P3 1gb ram, adaptec RAID with 6gb but only 1/2 used. Would
> rather not buy another server - what are the pros & cons of upgrade
> "as is" or fresh instal on new HD's (so could revert to the old drives
> if new instal is tricky!) but how difficult is it them to move
> existing setings/data.
> Thanks

  • Re: Will A WindowsXP Upgrade Repair Win98 Problems
    ... I think you have to consider the "Upgrade" option as being a gamble in any ... hardware of course. ... first download and burn SP2 onto CD so you can install that before even ... your system to XP and hopefully resolve the problem that way. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Will A WindowsXP Upgrade Repair Win98 Problems
    ... that it is I would agree that an XP upgrade would be a useless endeavor. ... host of reasons - both software & hardware. ... your system to XP and hopefully resolve the problem that way. ... of your HDD before undertaking the upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MS Licensing
    ... You might consider upgrading the hardware in those computers having the ... OEM installs of Windows. ... HARDWARE is a single computer system, or shall mean the computer system ... drive and then upgrade it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: RH 10
    ... I said that if WANT the leading edge features, ... need to upgrade. ... like the footprint, or ship it and give you an estimate as to what it takes ... you want the latest features on old hardware. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Upgrading from Win98 to XP Home Edition
    ... Before upgrading t XP< run the Microsoft Upgrade Advisor: ... install another firewall, ... win98 can support the hardware, definitely install it before the upgrade to ... These drivers may be very good, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)