Re: Is there a way of temporarily disabling ISA on SBS?

Henry

Many thanks for the advice.

Barry

"Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> There is no simple switch AFAIK, and I wouldn't use it anyway.
>
> Remember that ISA is also providing your Web Caching and your using a
> proxy client and Proxy config from -all- Domain clients. Not to mention
> that you'd be opening your system to potential Malware, and I think the
> current average time for an open system on the Net before infection is
> less than 10 minutes.
>
> I'd install/connect a Laptop/pc directly to the Router/Internet, and run
> Ethereal on that connection, the Server and a workstation in the Domain
> and compare the outputs there to see what exactly is happening.
>
> --
> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
> CI Information Technology
>

> "Barry McConomy" <smile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Henry
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>> My reasoning for disabling on a temporary basis is if I have any access
>> problems I can quickly identify if its a misconfiguartion in ISA or a
>> problem else where.
>>
>> Regards
>> Barry
>>
>> "Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> How -much- do you want to disable ISA, or perhaps why ?
>>> What do you want to achieve ?
>>>
>>> At it's simplest re-run the Internet Connection Wizard and disable
>>> Filtering....
>>>
>>> --
>>> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
>>> CI Information Technology
>>>

>>> "Barry McConomy" <smile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

  • Re: Updates SBS 2003
    ... SBS 2003 Premium customers will get ISA 2004 as part of the SP. ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... "KWSteves" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: cache
    ... CI Information Technology ... Melbourne SBS Users Group ... > I say it must not have removed all components, however the ISA admin ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is there a way of temporarily disabling ISA on SBS?
    ... proxy client and Proxy config from -all- Domain clients. ... > ISA or a problem else where. ... >> Melbourne SBS Users Group ... >>> Is there a way of temporarily disabling ISA on SBS? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Advice on the Pros and Cons of ISA
    ... Other then the better firewall options is Windows 2003 built-in firewall ... > Hi Barry, ... you have ISA and I would advise you to install it. ... >> Do I need to install ISA, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Domain in ISA2004 dmz
    ... Hi Barry, ... Tom and Deb Shinder's Configuring ISA Server 2004 ... MVP -- ISA Firewalls ... We have a dmz set up using two isa2004 servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)