Re: Is there a way of temporarily disabling ISA on SBS?

There is no simple switch AFAIK, and I wouldn't use it anyway.

Remember that ISA is also providing your Web Caching and your using a
proxy client and Proxy config from -all- Domain clients. Not to mention
that you'd be opening your system to potential Malware, and I think the
current average time for an open system on the Net before infection is
less than 10 minutes.

I'd install/connect a Laptop/pc directly to the Router/Internet, and run
Ethereal on that connection, the Server and a workstation in the Domain
and compare the outputs there to see what exactly is happening.

--
Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
CI Information Technology

"Barry McConomy" <smile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Henry
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> My reasoning for disabling on a temporary basis is if I have any
> access problems I can quickly identify if its a misconfiguartion in
> ISA or a problem else where.
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> "Henry Craven [SBS-MVP]" <IUnknown@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> How -much- do you want to disable ISA, or perhaps why ?
>> What do you want to achieve ?
>>
>> At it's simplest re-run the Internet Connection Wizard and disable
>> Filtering....
>>
>> --
>> Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
>> CI Information Technology
>>

>> "Barry McConomy" <smile@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is there a way of temporarily disabling ISA on SBS?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Barry

  • Re: ipconfig /renew doesnt
    ... This is ISA 2000 not ISA 2004. ... that disabling and re-enabling the adapter works and ipconfig renew does ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)
  • Re: Problem with accessing site on 9080...
    ... As soon as I disabled the Compression Filter & Caching Compressed Content ... mine was a default install of ISA 2004 and I could access ... SP2 and I could no longer access that web site from a workstation. ... and disabling both the "Compression Filter" and the "Caching Compressed ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Error 10060 tiempo agotado
    ... I did tried disabling the connections limit from ISA console, ... Besides, the company IT staff decided to upgrade to ISA 2006, so I installed it today and all browsing it's working just fine now. ... Please increase the connection limit time to see whether or not it is ok! ... fresh ISA 2004 installation, and the users can browse any url without ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: Error 10060 tiempo agotado
    ... I did tried disabling the connections limit from ISA console, ... Please increase the connection limit time to see whether or not it is ok! ... fresh ISA 2004 installation, and the users can browse any url without ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: restriction web site list
    ... > 1) I would like to block all the web site from visiting, ... > in one of the computer, it looks like the ISA ... > rules only valid under the administrator account, ... > installed the proxy client. ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)