Re: Problem runnnig NT service after upgrading to SBS2003

It was a clean installation to new hardware, followed by manual migration of
about 10 clients. For the NT Workstations, I logged off the old domain (by
temporarily connecting to a workgroup) and then connected to the new domain.
That gave me new user profiles, which I then manually reconfigured. For XP
workstations, I used exmerge to transfer exchange data and file and settings
transfer wizard to transfer profile info.

"SuperGumby [SBS MVP]" <not@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> How did you accomplish the upgrade?
>
> inplace upgrade of existing system? clean install onto new hardware? some
> form of domain migration?
>
> "Stephen Conlin" <sconlin55@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> b.117@xxxxxxxxxxx">news:sGn4e.3694$4b.117@xxxxxxxxxxx
> >I recently upgraded a SBS4.5 network to SBS2003. There are 2 NT4
> >workstation
> > units that are in the network to run specialty applications. The
> > applications run as a service on the NT Workstations and must be set up
so
> > that they are logged on with the domain/administrator account (in the
> > service startup properties). They worked fine with SBS4.5. After
migrating
> > the NT Workstations to SBS2003, when I try to start the services with
the
> > domain/administrator account, I get an error message saying that the
> > account
> > cannot be found or is invalid. The account is clearly okay because I use
> > it
> > to log on to the NT Workstation in the first place. Its just that I
can's
> > start a service using that account. The service starts fine with the
> > local/administrator account, but not with the domain/administrator
> > account.
> > Both Workstations have SP6a and I installed the activedirectory client
on
> > them, but with no luck. Does anyone anve any idea what is going on?
> >
> > Stephen

  • Re: Problem runnnig NT service after upgrading to SBS2003
    ... I got interested and decided to run up a clean install of NT4ws, ... > It was a clean installation to new hardware, followed by manual migration ... For the NT Workstations, I logged off the old domain (by ... The account is clearly okay because I ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • RE: Active Directory migration - Prep work??
    ... migration that has been sinking. ... resources to get the whole thing done. ... Proof of Concept (Create a test OU and workstations to be migrated) ... DNS forwarding works in this scenario, ...
  • RE: Active Directory migration - Prep work??
    ... migration that has been sinking. ... resources to get the whole thing done. ... Proof of Concept (Create a test OU and workstations to be migrated) ... DNS forwarding works in this scenario, ...
  • RE: Active Directory migration - Prep work??
    ... migration that has been sinking. ... resources to get the whole thing done. ... Proof of Concept (Create a test OU and workstations to be migrated) ... DNS forwarding works in this scenario, ...
  • ADMT Migration of local profiles - only 50% successfull
    ... profile didn't worked, a new profile was created when user logged on. ... Basically we are doing a interforest migration (trust from single ... translated security on workstations with "Security Translation ...