Re: ntbackup.exe error Win 2003

From: Anthony Smith (anthony_at_peconet.com)
Date: 10/27/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 09:42:23 -0400

Good Morning,

Thanks for your reply. There doesn't appear to be much more information in
the logs. I can give you a little more info on the error.

When I reset the server and log on, I get the error message automatically
without doing a backup.
It tells me the same thing and then it tries to send the error to Microsoft.
I took a look at the files it wanted to send to Microsoft and it was going
to send:

APPCOMPAT.TXT
NTBACKUP.EXE.MDMP

Hope this helps. Thanks!

"Henry Craven" <IUnknown@Dot.Nyet> wrote in message
> any other errors in the backup log or event logs ?
>
> Please note the SBS 2003 specific newsgroup below.
> --
> Henry Craven. {SBS-MVP}
> =====================================
> For the fastest response Post to the appropriate News
> Group with as much detail of the Problem Space, Error
> Message and Environment as possible:
>
> News Server : news.microsoft.com
> SBS 4/4.5 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz
> SBS 2000 : microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000
> SBS 2003 : microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
> =====================================
>
> "Anthony Smith" <anthony@peconet.com> wrote in message
> > Good Morning,
> >
> > I'm running SBS2003 and I keep getting a error messages when I run the
> > Windows backup Utility.
> >
> > Reporting queued error: faulting application ntbackup.exe, version
> > 5.2.3790.70, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault
> address
> > 0x00008789.
> >
> > I have several drives being backed up, most of the drives back up and
> then I
> > get the error and it stops. It started doing this maybe a few weeks
> ago.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Anthony Smith
> >
> > In God We Trust!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: External backup/restore - an idea - comments please
    ... After you copy off the unmirrored drives ... When I say mirrored I mean OS or drive vendor mirroring. ... SANS that did double mirroring for this kind of backup. ... Now this doesn't solve point in time backups using the logs. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)
  • Re: SBS Backup failed (Event ID: 5634)
    ... about a failed backup. ... after analyze the backup logs I also find that the backups are successful ... you can try to create a post in Microsoft Forefront forum ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Backup Error 0x800423F0
    ... Use NTBACKUP to load that bks selection file, and in the selections, as well ... optionally tick a dummy file on all drives. ... backup the bks file. ... >> that it keeps the databases and the logs on separate volumes. ...
  • Re: NTBackup requires 18-23 hours to complete.
    ... As far as the Exchange logs, I didn't realize you were only backing up ... I also missed the part where you are backing up to drives in the server. ... server and do a backup to it to see if that improves your backup ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: ISA 2004 and Backup Exec
    ... excluding the logs allows the backup to complete successfully. ... > May I know if the backup can be successfully completed after you exclude ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)