Re: How to get matching values with list box and dropdown property?

From: Douglas J. Steele (NOSPAM_djsteele_at_NOSPAM_canada.com)
Date: 07/25/04

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 09:25:07 -0400

Gee, did you ask this in enough groups? This has absolutely nothing to do
with ActiveX controls, command bars, conversion, data access pages, the
developer's toolkit nor (I suspect, since I can't see all of the groups to
which you posted this) most of the other groups to which you posted this
question.

It sounds as though you're talking about a combo box, not a list box. List
boxes don't have a dropdown property, at least not in Access.

If what you're trying to do is allow them to type bcd in the box of the
combo box, and have it find abcdef as a possible match, I don't believe it
can be done.

If what you want is have them type bcd into a separate text box, and then
have the combo box limited to only those records which match what was typed
into the text box, base the combo box on a query that includes a Where
clause along the links of LIKE "*" & [Forms]![FormName]![TextBox] & "*",
where you need to replace FormName and ListName with the appropriate names.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele