Re: Help needed w/Runtime, XP, and "Can't be started." error

From: david epsom dot com dot au (david_at_epsomdotcomdotau)
Date: 07/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:27:06 +1000

> are required. A standard user has read only permission to the
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office key and sub keys.

Well that's not going to work for sure. Unless your clients
have already installed A97 you're going to need at minimum
to write some stuff into the 8.0 key under \Office. (And
you probably need to do some work on MSACCESS.srg if you
haven't done so already).

MSI installations typically take place with some kind of
extended permissions that gets around this problem, but I
don't know anything about that.

(david)