A 2003 + Linked Table Manager

From: Jim Hess (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/18/04

    Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 10:28:41 -0700

    I have an Access database application that has been
    running now for several years. In fact, beginning July 1,
    we will start in the sixth fiscal year that we have used
    this application. The network administrators here at work
    do not notify me when they decide to upgrade users from
    one version of Access to another. Consequently, when I
    have connected an Access XP front end to an Access 2000
    back end, I have run into some formatting problems with
    some of my reports. Management has now decided that they
    want to migrate the entire application to Access 2003. I
    have started to do this. However, I cannot use the Linked
    Table Manager. When I open the manager there are no files
    listed. I looked in the help files, but couldn't seem to
    find anything that addressed my problem. Can anyone
    please tell me what I need to do? I can see the tables in
    the database window. I can run the program can see the
    data and print the reports. But when I want to link to
    the live data on the server, the Linked Table Manager
    doesn't list any files whatsoever. What am I doing wrong?