Re: Access runtime packaging error

From: Ken Snell (kthissnellis9_at_notcomcast.realnet)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 14:49:38 -0400

Can't provide suggestions on the first one, but on the second one, Office
Developer has its own SP updates, and they're separate from the Office SP
updates. Office XP currently has SP3 out, and Office Developer currently has
SP1 out.

You can get the Developer SP1 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a5272cd8-72b4-4a23-8c21-2d8569e102c0&DisplayLang=en

--
        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
"jonah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have two problems with packaging a runtime Access app.
> I am packaging with MS Office Developer XP with its SP3
> installed and another SP for runtime - all that MS
> thought I should install. The programs are developed in
> MS Access 2000 but that is probably not the problem.
>
> I package up the application and try to install it on a
> machine with Win98 on it. I get the following two errors:
>
> 1 the language on the target machine is not the expected
> (MS KB article 826280). But the PC I packaged on and the
> one I am trying to install on are both UK English!
>
> 2 When I get over the first problem by making the target
> machine US English, it then goes on to complain of an
> unexpected file error (MS KB article 303227), an issue
> which it says was resolved by Office Dev SP1! I have SP3.
>
> Both problems can be kluged out but I would like to give
> my customers a straightforward installation. Any ideas
> out there?
>
> Many thanks.

Relevant Pages