RFID / Barcoding

Tech-Archive recommends: Fix windows errors by optimizing your registry

I received a request to add some functionality to one of
the .ADP / SQL2005 Apps we are using.

The request deviates significantly enough from normal ops
that I hesitate to pose the question here but need to start somewhere.

They want employees to use their badges to check out bar coded items.
Setting up the forms and tables obviously is not a problem.

My question is this... does anyone have any experience they can share
with: 1. using an RFID device to receive input and write it to a table
2. using a barcode reader to write to a table.

I apologize for posting to this NG but did not know of an 'Appropriate' NG
to post to.

Thanks in advance,
Bob.

  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... Kmenu does NOT find most apps. ... be "KDE specirfic" as Kevin also pointed out. ... As I've pointed out repeatedly Krunner really offers no functionality ... folks could port QB code into Gambas and write console apps. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Why KDE4 is called KDE?
    ... One of my biggest gripes about KDE 4's panel and menu system. ... It is quite certainly possible to *add* Console apps using the menu editing ... Because for any new entry you can specify a command and the advanced ... essential functionality is exposed from. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Linux is Free....So what? Is your Time Free?
    ... Does it require functionality _only_ found in them, ... _capability_ which could be provided by any of several applications. ... do their open source alternatives. ... What I said is that open source apps are far ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • OT: Why ! WAS: Re: Row to implement a control for "you are not allowed to call me"
    ... think I have to "protect" certain functionality from being called from ... In the Real World there is an area called Product Development in almost ... Another fact is that those apps are running 24x7! ... secure that core set such that no matter what any sw developer ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: A2007 ADPs
    ... capabilities of ADP are so closely related to MDB that if you cannot do it ... YES IT IS WORTH IT-- MICROSOFT IS LOSING THE DATABASE WAR BECAUSE THEY DO NOT COMMIT ENOUGH RESOURCES ... This is the problem with the actual GUI of Access: great for simple things like textboxes, comboboxes and listboxes byt everytime you want to add a small piece of functionality that is a little outside of these bounds - however small it is - you are litterally blocked by Access. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)