Can't update rows in a view if it includes a left-outer-joined bit column.

Tech-Archive recommends: Fix windows errors by optimizing your registry

I have a SQL Server 2008 view linked to Access 2007.

I cannot make updates to the rows if the view includes a bit data-type
column from a table that is left-outer-joined. In this case, if I
change any values in a row of the view, I get the message "the record
has been changed by another user...." with options to copy the data to
the clipboard or drop the changes.

If I exclude this column from the view then the view is updateable. I
can get this column into the view without having this issue by making
it a calculation, like [1 * <column-name>].

What's going on with this?

  • Re: Cannot update
    ... not install the updates you referred to. ... highly recommend way for the later one is to install SQL server, ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Ad hoc updates to system catalogs are not enabled
    ... Thank you for choosing Microsoft! ... system tables even after you disable allow updates. ... Prevent other users from accessing SQL Server while you are directly updating system ... This command starts an instance of SQL Server in single-user mode and enables allow ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
  • Re: Bulk inserting into database using ADO.NET... deadly slow?
    ... program (look in your SQL Server documentation for "BULK INSERT"). ... > the DataSet, so to reduce the DB updates, but I found that when reaching ... > about 100K rows the DataSet becomes slower and slower, ... why is it so painfully slow to insert big chunks ...
  • Re: Stored Procedure: Insert VS Update
    ... I have seen times where am insert followed by a couple of updates ran more ... > I have a stored procedure were I created a workfile. ... All the tables are indexed very efficiently and we are on SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: index on a view
    ... SQL Server will have to maintain a copy of all data in the table and ... give SQL Server extra work to do on updates and ... updates to the view will be translated ... since it's a very simple one-on-one translation. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.mseq)