Re: What Gets Stored When Access Inserts a BLOB?

dario

"Mark Han[MSFT]" <v-fathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3aIxRUrsJHA.1636@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mark,

Thank you for the update. I understand that you might have a busy schedule.

in order to address your concern, according to the current situation, I
would like to do a summary of the issue.
1 what does get stored when Access 2007 inserts an object into an image
field?
As I explained in the previous reply to you. when Access 2007 inserts an
object into an image field, Access will add a header to each binary image
before storing it in the database. This header is of a variable length but
it's usually in the range of 72 to 76 bytes and will usually be of the same
length for the same type of image.

2 According to your description: "when I open that table with the image
field in Access 2007 Datasheet view, I can right-click on any one of the
image fields
and get an "Insert Object..." context menu choice. Is this something
that maybe got added in to Access 2007?"
yes, it is newly added in the access 2007. there is an article to sharew
with you:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA100241851033.aspx

3 I have reviewed the method you us. Yes, it does work for you. your
professional skill gives me a deep impression.

Based on the current situation, in order to better assist you with the
issue, I have done some internal consult. in order to better understand the
issue and help to resolve it, it is better for us to re-produce the issue.
So, if it is convenient to you, could you please send the following to me
1 the backup file of the adp.

2 the backup file of the simple database. in the database, we just need the
table [supporting_doc].

3 please describe the steps to reproduce the issue.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Mark Han
Microsoft Online Community Support
Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your
comments and suggestions about how we can improve the
support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my manager
know what you think of the level of service provided. You can
send feedback directly to my manager at: msdnmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Unbound dgv - save two of the columns to a join table
    ... SqlCommand/OleDbCommand to save the values back to the database. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... You can send feedback directly to my manager at: ...
  • Re: Incredibly Slow Access Times in Access 2007
    ... related to the size of the object stored in the image field. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. ... Please feel free to let my manager ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: What Gets Stored When Access Inserts a BLOB?
    ... object into an image field, Access will add a header to each binary image ... the backup file of the simple database. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... Please feel free to let my manager ...