Re: Connect to SQL Server over the internet

If you have removed the firewall (must be removed from both machines), then
you shouldn't have any problem connecting to the SQL-Server using the
connection dialog window that you will find on the main menu: File ->
Connection.

Select the server from the drop down list or other its name or its TCP/IP
number and give the proper login and password.

Of course, instead of removing the firewalls, you can also open them for the
port 1433; which is the port used by SQL-Server in its basic configuration.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"Jose Perdigao" <perdijc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I don't have this problem because I'm testing with my computers (computer A
& B). I can remove the firewall.
I'm working with SQL Server 2000 and MS Access 2003.
So, how can I do?
Thanks.

"Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)>
wrote in message news:%23WBWTTZYGHA.4684@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You shouldn't have any problem if there are no blocking firewall.
However, many hosting services will protect their SQL-Server behind a
firewall (in this case, there are no solution), so I suspect that this
might be your problem.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
E-mail: http://cerbermail.com/?QugbLEWINF

"Jose Perdigao" <perdijc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,

Computer A is where is installed SQL server 2000 and the BE. Computer B,
I have the FE (ADP in access 2003). The both computers are connected the
internet.

So, how can I connect to SQL Server over the internet? I mean, I want
connect my FE Computer B) to BE (computer A).

I listen something, we can do this connection trough IP address, but I
don't have idea how can I do.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

José Perdigão