Issues on Client PCs

From: Anonymous (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/14/04

Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 15:59:00 -0700

Consider, then, reverting your machine to the same
versions that the users machines are on. That's not to say
that having compatible versions is the ONLY way in your
situation, but very often it IS the only way. Different
versions on development and production machines are
certainly a frequent cause of problems.

for
>me before my development computer was at the version it
is
>now).
>
>Stored procedures with output parameters that run fine on
>my development machine, when executed through an ADO
>command object's execute method, are causing runtime
>errors stating "The stored procedure sp_Procedure expects
>parameter @theParam and none was supplied." Even if I
add
>default values to these parameters, it halts.
>
>I know the adp file is connecting to the SQL Server
data.
>I can see the tables and sprocs, and work with them as
far
>as the user's permissions will allow.
>
>I'd like ideas, if possible, other than "upgrade to SP3"
>and "get the latest MDAC" as those are scheduled to
happen
>through our corporate IT, but not for a couple of
months.