Re: ADO Connection to Access leaves .ldb file behind

With a single-threaded environment, DAO is certainly a valid mechanism to
use for Jet databases. If it's solved your problem, then there is no need
beyond simple curiosity to investigate the ADO failure any further.

I have to admit to being really curious about that msaccess.exe process ...
:-)

Paul Sullivan wrote:
Thanks guys. I promise you, there is no other code! I've just quickly
tried the exact same thing but with DAO and it seems not to cause the
same problem.

Maybe anybody who paid for Vista should get a free copy of Windows 7
(as well as getting their head checked!)

"Ralph" wrote:

"Bob Barrows" <reb01501@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ralph wrote:

There is nothing in the code above that would require MSAccess.Exe
to be loaded, or an ldb file to be created.

Well, actually, yes, an ldb file will be created by an ADO
connection, but I do agree that MSAccess.Exe will not be involved.

Yeah, I blew it. Was thinking one thing, typing another. <g>

Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET - 2004-2007
"NO SPAM"

  • Re: ADO Connection to Access leaves .ldb file behind
    ... the exact same thing but with DAO and it seems not to cause the same problem. ... Well, actually, yes, an ldb file will be created by an ADO connection, ... Was thinking one thing, typing another. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: How do I set an ADO Table Object in VB
    ... How can I do the same in ADO? ... DAO, I would guess you are using Jet - you can learn about the JetSQL DDL ... scrolling down to the Microsoft Jet SQL Reference section). ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Timing Rescordset
    ... Nothing wrong with that (DAO works extremely well with Jet ... databases), but that makes your questions even more off-topic for this ... There are newsgroups devoted to xml questions as well as newsgroups ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: ADOX - Access table creation with nullable columns in C#
    ... which is very strange since that is the crowd that should be using DAO. ... If you're doing a server-based, multi-threaded app, ... This email account is my spam trap so I ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)