Re: OLE DB Error 999 "Object Was in Use"

Steven Bras wrote:
On one particular sql server, our application, which uses sql ole db,
gets the following error when attempting to delete and then insert
data into a table:

Code 999
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Object was open

Any assistance with what might cause this error would be greatly
appreciated!

That's a new one on me. Can you show us some code that would produce
this error?

I've done a quick google and all the incidents I see for this error are
a result of using PowerBuilder. Are you using that tool? If so, perhaps
this is relevant:

http://pb.besoft.com.cn/download/ebf/PB803mr_fixes.htm (scroll down to
see Change Request 279120)

If that's not relevant, here are the rest of the search results:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SQL+Server+999+"object+was+open"&btnG=Search

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

  • Error 80040e14
    ... I have a simple Stored Procedure and all it does is it adds 4 ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server ...
  • VSS Errors using NTBackup
    ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server ... Error message: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: linked tables
    ... > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers ... then access the Jet table with a 4-part name ... provider, instead of the one for Jet. ... table defined in the Access database which is linked to a SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: Oracle & SQL Server
    ... > Then consider to create Views to make it easy to access the remote Oracle ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)