Re: OLE DB Error 999 "Object Was in Use"

Well, as Ralph says, it's not a VB/ADO/OLEDB error code so it seems to
be a Powerbuilder-specific error; I think you're going to need to move
this to a Powerbuilder forum. I saw a couple in my search results.

Steven Bras wrote:
Thanks for your response; as a matter of fact, we are using
PowerBuilder, but neither of the references you found seems to apply
to our application. And the same code works as expected with other
SQL Server databases, so I was hoping I could get a more general idea
of what the root cause of this very non-descriptive error might be.

"Bob Barrows" wrote:

Steven Bras wrote:
On one particular sql server, our application, which uses sql ole
db, gets the following error when attempting to delete and then
insert data into a table:

Code 999
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Object was open

Any assistance with what might cause this error would be greatly
appreciated!

That's a new one on me. Can you show us some code that would produce
this error?

I've done a quick google and all the incidents I see for this error
are a result of using PowerBuilder. Are you using that tool? If so,
perhaps this is relevant:

http://pb.besoft.com.cn/download/ebf/PB803mr_fixes.htm (scroll down
to see Change Request 279120)

If that's not relevant, here are the rest of the search results:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=SQL+Server+999+"object+was+open"&btnG=Search

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

  • Re: OLE DB Error 999 "Object Was in Use"
    ... neither of the references you found seems to apply to our application. ... "Bob Barrows" wrote: ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server ... a result of using PowerBuilder. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Re: Powerbuilder 10.5.1.6662 Connection to SQL Server 2005
    ... Hitchhiker's Guide to Visual Studio and SQL Server ... an application has been migrated from Powerbuilder 9.0 to ... The connection to the database, ... "you do not have the security credentials necessary to run the ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • RE: 10003 Error
    ... SQL Server from Query Analyzer or OSQL.exe? ... authentication method that you used from Powerbuilder. ... It's possible it's really a timeout message. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • PowerBuilder or .NET
    ... In our company we are developing new products (distributed applications) ... using .NET and SQL Server. ... choosing if begin a new application with PowerBuilder or .NET. ... There are any reason ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • NT Authentication
    ... I am trying to connect to my SQL Server 2000 database ... I have the PowerBuilder application working with OLE DB ... database is on my local server from which i am connecting). ... my SQL Server database using the Windows authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)