Re: unable to add new column ConstraintException was unhandled by user

Troy wrote:
I added a new column to my table and I now receive this error
message. When I trie to simply fill my datatable.

recommended practice) , but this is a classic (COM-based) ADO newsgroup.
ADO.Net bears very little resemblance to classic ADO so, while you may be
lucky enough to find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your
question, you can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a
group where those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.adonet.
..

The new column did not effect the primary key of the table.
The new column is not yet populated with any values, the column is
set to unique = False
The column is set to AllowDBNull = True

I added another column to a diffrent table and ran into the same
problem, I populated values into the column via SQL enterprise
manager and everything worked, but I should not need to do this.

I don't understand how you are adding the column. Are you using ADO.Net or
EM to add it? This should be made clear when you post this question to the
appropriate group.

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"