Re: Non initialized Cmd Parameter Collection via ASP vs SQL Server

Lars-Erik wrote:
Hi guys!

I have to eat all my statements including my hat.
Our customer actually figured it out this morning by changing to the
sa user instead of a limited one. Some of the procedures didn't grant
execute permission to public.
Since I do all the parameter stuff before execute, a security
exception is never thrown.
I might argue that .Refresh should've thrown an exception, but I'm
just gonna shut up and be happy it finally works. :)

From Erland Sommerkog, in the SQL Server MVP group in which I posted this
question:

And the reason that this is different in SQL 2005 is that in SQL 2000
metadata was visible to public by default. Not so in SQL 2005.

Rather than switching to sa, he should probably do

GRANT VIEW DEFINITION ON SCHEMA::dbo TO someuser

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

.