Re: Reading text files with UTF-8 byte order mark

"ekkehard.horner" wrote:
You may put an (misleading) ColNameHeader=True in the schema.ini, if
your VBA application can write headers or dummies to the first row.

Yes, I had thought of that. Unfortunately, I already have
ColNameHeader=True and do need use headers. If I have to recode something, I
may as well code to handle the BOM as part of the first field name ... ugly.
Thanks for confirming though.

  • Re: Importing Excel Data - Recognizing Headers
    ... some VBA code that the macro would call. ... workbook somewhere on their individual network. ... to see that first row as having headers in them. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: How can I import multiple .csv files into access?
    ... Access can do this but it takes a litle time and works a lot smoother if you have at least intermediate level experience. ... Use the CLI copy command to concatenate the files into one file - if the files contain headers - you can open the file with notepad, use the Ctrl-F search tool to find the headers - and delete all but the very first row of headers. ... If you are at all familiar with the old DOS days ways, and using batch files, then you know exactly what I am talking about. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: How to display database table data in a html table.
    ... to read and display the headers and the first row of the table and it ... foreach ($allheaders as $header) ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Export to csv with headers
    ... I've created some code to export some SQL to a csv file. ... Now, I am told, the file should have the headers in the first row. ... Set qdf = .CreateQueryDef ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Importing Excel Data - Recognizing Headers
    ... to see that first row as having headers in them. ... I have an Excel macro that creates a workbook with column headings in row ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)